2022 Scholarship Requirements
Marine Corps League Brewer Detachment
Information, Criteria & Requirements
1. Amount - one scholarship - one thousand dollars ($1,000.00)
a. To be distributed five hundred dollars ($500.00) July of 2022 at Family Picnic
b. Five hundred dollars ($500.00) at successful completion of first semester and enrollment in second semester.
2. Applicants must:
a. Reside in Chemung County and receive a GED or Home School equivalent of a GED in 2021, or
b. Graduate from a high school or certified trade school (BOCES) in Chemung County.
3. Applicant must attend
a. A two- or four-year college or university after completing High School Diploma requirements in 2022, or
b. Certified Trade School in 2022.
4. Application will be completed in full and included applicant's and parent permission for members of the E.J. Brewer Detachment to receive and review a certified transcript concerning the applicant and make inquiries concerning the information presented on the application.
5. Application for the scholarship MUST be completed by 15 April 2022.
6. Award of scholarship is not solely based on the applicant’s academics, but a review of the application and the applicant’s involvement within the community.
7. The scholarship winner will be announced 15 May 2022.
8. Applications can be found on the E. J. Brewer Marine Corps League web site: ejbrewermarines.com.
9. Questions can be referred to Jack Schamel (607) 738-7194 or email@example.com